Consideration for your neighbours
We want all our residents to feel at home and show consideration for one another. Be considerate to your neighbours and avoid making noise, playing loud music, moving furniture or banging nails into the walls between 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. You should try to not disturb your neighbours regardless of the time of day or night. As a tenant, you are also responsible for any visitors or guests you have. Here are some guidelines to consider:
- Show extra consideration between 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m.
- Warn your neighbours beforehand if you are having a party.
- Leave the laundry as you would like to find it.
- Respect the parking rules in the area.
- Do not smoke in communal areas and preferably not in your own home.
If one of your neighbours is noisy, it is a good idea to speak to them first. If that does not help, you can report the disturbance to us. If it is outside our opening hours, you contact the our combined on-call service. At all other times you contact your House Caretaker. You can not report disturbances anonymous, but we will never give your name to the tenant you reported. We charge tenants who have caused a disturbance that has led to a call-out confirmed by our on-call service.
A tenant who disturbs others and does not rectify the situation after being told to do so risks having their tenancy terminated.