- Our areas north of the city
- Our areas in the city centre
- Our areas south of the city
- New construction
Lappkärrsberget, or Lappis as it is known, is located in the beautiful surroundings of Norra Djurgården, in the middle of the National City Park. This is SSSB’s largest and most well-known student housing area. Several thousand students live here in their very own part of the city, a mere five-minute walk from Stockholm University. The mix of Swedish and international students and families with children creates a unique atmosphere.
The area is primarily home to traditional halls of residence – single rooms on student corridors. However there are also student apartments of varying sizes – from one to four rooms – as well as a preschool and several playgrounds.
House Caretaker’s office Lappis
The address of the office is Professorsslingan 13, 114 17 Stockholm.
Facts about the area
Amanuensvägen 1-14, 114 16 Stockholm
Forskarbacken 1-21, 114 15 Stockholm
Forskarbacken 2-14, 114 16 Stockholm
Professorsslingan 9-53, 114 17 Stockholm
Professorsslingan 57-65, 114 17 Stockholm
Metro station: Universitetet
Bus number: 50
Lappis was built between 1968 and 1970. Professorsslingan 10 was built in 2000. Professorsslingan 47-53 was built in 2020. Professorsslingan 57-65 was built in 2023.
Estimated queueing time
- There is no reserved parking in the area. Contact Stockholms stad for parking.
- Communal function rooms such as gym, sauna and assembly room are available. The local tenants’ association LOM is responsible for these premises.
- The letterboxes are placed in the door of the apartment or by the entrance to the corridor, except at Professorsslingan 10 where they are placed on the entrance floor.
- All accommodations are rented unfurnished.
- Free wi-fi is available on the square and in the park above in Lappis, both for tenants, visitors and the public.
- There are bicycle rooms in the area. There is also a bicycle workshop at Professorsslingan 35.
- There is an outdoor gym on the grass between Amanuensvägen 1-4 and Forskarbacken 4-8.
- 10-12 of the student rooms share communal kitchen and dining room. Some of the communal kitchens that don’t have a separate dining room have instead a dining area in the kitchen.
- The buildings have 3-12 floors.
Equipment in kitchens/kitchenettes
The apartments with kitchen are equipped with a fridge, a freezer and a stove with oven.
The apartments with kitchenettes are equipped with a fridge and cooking facilities and in some there is also a freezer and an oven. NB In some apartments with kitchenettes that have stoves with two hot plates and an oven you can only use two units at a time. (For example one hot plate and the oven.)
Communal kitchens have fridges/freezers and stoves with oven.
Elevators is situated at Forskarbacken 7-21 (uneven numbers), Amanuensvägen 8 and at Professorsslingan 10, 13, 31-53, 57-65.
There are balconies in the apartments at Professorsslingan 31-45 and 57-65 and in some apartments at Professorsslingan 10.
An external storage space is available to each accommodation, except for the accommodations at Amanuensvägen 1B + 8 and Professorsslingan 47-53.
The laundry rooms are situated at Forskarbacken 5, 6, 10 and Professorsslingan 10, 15, 39, 49, 53, 57-65.
Waste and source sorting
Waste sorting (including household waste) and recycling stations are available in the area. See our area map at the top.
There is a smoking ban in all apartments and common areas in our new construction at Professorsslingan 47-53 and 57-65.
Adaption for disability
The apartments at Professorsslingan 10, 47-53, and 57-65 are adapted for disability to the extent that you can drive in with an indoor wheelchair and rotate it in the hall and wet room. In our other buildings there is no adaptations for disability.
Broadband fee, heating of home and water are included in the rent. In our new construction, it is individual water measurement.