For us, it’s important to constantly update our knowledge of those we work for: students. How do they think about their future? What is important to them? And how do they see Stockholm as a place to study and live their life in? There are surprisingly few surveys about students in particular and therefore this survey is important because it points to what Stockholm’s strengths as a student city and what the city needs to develop to achieve the goal of becoming a world-leading knowledge region.
In Studentbarometern, we have asked over a thousand students about their values, thoughts about their future and views on Stockholm. Some of the findings of the study are:
- Security is what students value most of all.
- Being rich and successful is highly valued.
- Students are more dissatisfied with life compared to the general population.
- Stockholm’s strengths as a student city are the good quality of the higher education institutions and that Stockholm is a big city.
- Stockholm is not considered to have a student character, which is a disadvantage.