- Our areas north of the city
- Our areas in the city centre
- Our areas south of the city
- New construction
Kungshamra is a classic student area situated in Solna municipality, north of Stockholm, close to Ulriksdal Palace and the beautiful countryside that surrounds it. The land was a gift from Former King Gustav VI Adolf, which enabled the construction of more student housing in Stockholm.
The buildings have between two and four storeys and are grouped around small, leafy courtyards, giving a more familiar atmosphere within a larger area. In 2004, the Kungshamra campus was extended to include seven new buildings, constructed in a style in keeping with the area. The housing complex offers plenty of single rooms as well as accommodation in larger student apartments.
House Caretaker’s office Kungshamra
Visiting and postal address: Kungshamra 1, 170 70 Solna
Information about the area
Address: Kungshamra 1–83, 170 70 Solna
Metro station: Bergshamra
Kungshamra was built in the mid 1960s.
Kungshamra 2-3, 47-48 and 81-83 were built 2004-2005.
Estimated queueing time
- There are parking spaces available for tenants to rent
- Communal function rooms such as sauna and assembly room are available. The local tenants’ association is responsible for these premises
- The letterboxes are placed in the door of the apartment or by the entrance to the corridor, execpt at Kungshamra 2, 3, 47, 48, 81, 82, 83 where they are placed on the entrance floor.
- There is a bicycle room in the area
- Free wi-fi is available in Picassoparken, Kungshamra, for tenants, visitors and the public
- The buildings has 2-4 floors
- 12-14 of the student rooms share communal kitchen and dining room
- There are student rooms both with and without furniture. The other accommodation units are without furniture
Equipment in kitchens/kitchenettes
The bedsits with kitchenette are equipped with fridge with freezer-compartment and a stove with oven.
The apartments with kitchen/kitchenette are equipped with fridge/freezer and a stove with oven.
The communal kitchens have fridges/freezers and stoves with oven.
Elevator is available at Kungshamra 2-3, 47-48 and 81-82.
There is French balconies at Kungshamra 2-3, 47-48 and 81-83.
An external storage space is available for mosts of the apartments.
There are laundry rooms in the area.
Waste and source sorting
Recycling facilities (including household waste) and a waste disposal site is situated in the area. In some of the buildings there is a a refuse chute for household waste in the stairwells.
Adaption for disability
Kungshamra 2-3, 47-48 and 81-83 is adapted for disability to the extent that you can drive in with an indoor wheelchair and rotate it in the hall and wet room. The other buildings have no adaptations for disability.
Broadband fee, heating and heating of water is included in the rent.