The winner of the sustainability scholarship 2023!
A big congratulations Lars!
The application for the sustainability scholarship has ended and a winner has now been selected. “It feels amazing to win! I feel incredibly grateful and it has made me even more inspired to continue to work with sustainability”, says Lars Mood, the winner of the sustainability scholarship.
Lars is 23 years old and studies mechanical engineering at the Royal Institute of Technology and are a tenant with us at Stockholms studentbostäder.
Here are some quick questions to Lars:
- What made you apply for the scholarship?
- Which are the most important sustainability questions for you?
- What are your best sustainability tips for other students?
- What will you do with the price money?
– I applied for the scholarship because of my great commitment to sustainability issues, something that I believe stems from growing up close to nature and my concern for the environmental problems my generation has grown up with.
– The most important sustainability issues for me are those at the forefront of our media, namely climate change and the accelerating loss of biodiversity. To address these problems, we must act quickly. The climate threat can be seen as a growing fire. If we don’t put it out soon, it will destroy everything we’ve built.
Some everyday tricks are to:
– By secondhand instead of something new
– Take the bike, walk or public transport
– Recycle and sort after source
For the more ambitious:
– Challenge yourself with a zero waste lifestyle
– Get involved in environmentally friendly activities
– Repair things instead of throwing them away
– I believe it is important to work together to achieve a more sustainable future, therefore I will use the price money to promote environmental awareness among other students. I have recently been in contact with a company regarding this and I look forward to work with them. It’s an exciting opportunity to make a real difference.